Tuesday, January 8, 2013

{beauty} hair beautiful.

my hair has a life of it's own. some days it's voluminous and shiny. other days it looks like a tornado just hit it. i came to the conclusion that one of the issues might be the $2 shampoo and conditioner i was buying. yup, i was a hair care bargain shopper. and now that i think about it, it's absolutely ridiculous notion to skimp on your hair care. i have no problem spending $100 on a pair of boots or jeans or a damn t-shirt. but, ummm, point me to the cheapest shampoo and conditioner?! puh-lease.


see, your hair is the one accessory that you wear every daggone day. so it makes sense to treat it well. bad hair can seriously ruin any outfit or meeting or date. no one ever said, 'you know they're hair was digusting, but i'm looking past that.' haha. my mission was clear: find good-for-you hair care that was free of toxins and chemicals. mission: accepted.


since i don't use a ton of products on my hair daily, i was in search of shampoo, conditioner, and a smoothing serum. so here are my new fave brands varying in cost and retail outlets. buy at your own risk. ;-)

giovanni hair care: eco-chic



this was the first brand i gave a chance, mainly because it wasn't too far off in price from what i was used to paying. i gravitated to the 'smooth as silk' shampoo-conditioner duo and never looked back. it smells awesome, gives my hair shine that it desperately needs, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. i also became semi-addicted to their 'frizz be gone' serum, which i applied to semi-dry hair prior to blowing it out. perfection. price: $6-10 per product / where to buy in northern virginia: wegmans and whole foods

giovanni hair care: 2chic ultra-sleek


we all know my OBSESSION with all things containing argan oil. so when giovanni came out with a line that used it as one of it's main ingredients, it called my name. i fell for the shampoo and conditioner from the line, however the serums left more to be desired. definitely give it a shot, as the shampoo/conditioner do exactly what you need and smell like the tropics. price: $6-10 per product / where to buy in northern virginia: wegmans and whole foods




sometimes mama knows best, and this is one of those cases. my mom turned me onto this salon line and it remains to be my favorite thus far. it is the most expensive, but again, hair care might not be the best place to skimp money on. i took mama's advice and began using the hydrating shampoo and moisture solution conditioner combination- my hair comes out so soft and manageable that i am shocked. their pure polish serum is also the bomb dot com. price: $20-30 per product / where to buy in northern virginia: http://www.eufora.net/wheretobuy.htm

http://www.klsstudios.com/

now it wouldn't be a good hair blog post without doing a BIG shout-out to my fave salon and stylist. oh hey there, KLS Studios. not only are they in my neck of the woods, but they are super nice and always accomodating. the salon is gorg btw, with a 'color bar' that allows me to get my highlights/lowlights on while sipping on my complimentary drink of choice while watching tv and reading some mags.

http://www.klsstudios.com/

i swear by Lourdes as my stylist- she has a knack for giving me the color i want and making it look completely natural. they do book up quickly, so give them a call and schedule your next touch-up. you won't be disappointed.

xoxo Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment