Friday, June 24, 2011

Cheap et Chic: Ballard Designs

Those who know me also know I have an addiction. Yes, my name is Lauren and I am an online shopping addict. HA. It once got to the point where my roommates would take any box that came to our house, and assumed it was for me.

Here's the thing: most of the time, you can find exactly what you want online. AND you can almost always find a coupon along with getting free shipping. So- it's a money saver. I mean, it may not be a money saver if you are shopping like it's the end of the world (I have calmed down, trust me). But it's definitely worth looking around to find inexpensive counters online to what you may have seen in a magazine, catalog, or in stores.

So of course, as I begin to re-vamp the condo, my affinity for certain home decor stores has peaked. One of my faves is Ballard Designs. I have always been fond of their mix of Parisian-French asthetic with the cool, relaxed California vibe and Southern charm. But anyone who has looked through the catalog or the website knows that most of their items are not cheap by any means. Here in lies my "Cheap et Chic" need to get the same look for a better price. For those not French-inclined, 'et' means 'and'. There's your foreign language lesson for the day.


My first find was Spring 2010, before I moved into my first apartment. I had been IN LOVE with this print from Ballard Designs for the longest time and came to the realization (or at least convinced myself) that I deserved a nicer piece of artwork for my new abode.

Ballard Designs 'Seek Happiness' Print

However the cost just kept getting to me- $250 for a print that, inevitably, I will eventually get tired of? So I looked around...and WAHLAH! (Not really sure if that's how you spell it, but you get my point.)


World Market 'Seek Happiness' Print.

World Market to the rescue! This print, same size and quality, was only $129 at my local World Market store. It was such a great find and helped to make my apartment a home. Here it is in my old apartment:

Christmas time, obvi.

After I move in this weekend, I'll update the post with it's new spot in the condo. And be on the lookout for more "Cheap et Chic" finds!

xoxo Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment