Sunday, June 12, 2011

"We're adults..."

"...when did this happen and how do we make it stop?!"

By far one of my favorite quotes from Grey's Anatomy. Granted, there are 18,000 'favorite' quotes of mine from this show, but this one is pertinant to my life right now.

I know, I know. It's been a while. Let's see if I can catch you up to speed a bit:

Got a new job at a new company. Turned 26 in Vegas. Met someone special. Turned out to be not so special. Got a new apartment. Did some personal travel. Turned 27. Did some work travel. Met someone who made me feel special. Him- not so special after all. Decided to focus on myself. Lost 18 pounds (and counting). Had fun through it all.

That pretty much does it. HA. Which leads me to today.

I bought a condo.

Yep, I said it. I bit the bullet and made the investment. I have roots now. I have a home of my own. Yay me!

Now, this new abode of mine has the 'bones' I wanted. It's a condo without feeling like one and it's in a safe neighborhood. The amenties are great and the parents are happy- I'm only 13.3 miles away from their place (Mom is oh so happy), 8.5 miles to work, 4.3 miles to Jan's new place, and about 16 to A-town. :)

But...it needs a little TLC. So that's where my blog is headed. When I first started casually detailing my daily (or weekly) thoughts, it was based on my life experiences at that given point. And since buying my first home is probably the biggest thing I have experienced in my adult life thus far, that's going to be the focus.

Below are some pics of the general living areas- all of these have minor updates that need to be made, so I figured I would share these with you! P.S. This all all the previous owner's furniture and decor...and will be changed quickly. LOL.

As they would say on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition...

Welcome home, Lauren. Welcome home. xoxo

Front of the building- my porch is on the left.


Welcome to my home!

Living room with the gas fireplace- oh so cozy!
Looking forward to many dinners here!

My fave place this summer to enjoy a cold one. B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment