Friday, August 23, 2013

{boozy bevvie} summer shandy

it's no secret amongst my friends that i am not a beer drinker. it all stems from this one time...nevermind. somethings should remain a mystery. ha.


in any event, usually i can find a beverage choice that involves liquor or my standby, hard cider. but as i started to frequent nats games, i began to realize that those alcoholic bevvies added up dollar wise to a range that was not dave ramsey approved. so last summer, thanks to my awesome friend sarah, i started a new beverage relationship: the poor person's summer shandy.

sarah and i boozing at the nats-rockies game. obviously.
yes, they serve the beer 'summer shandy' at nats stadium, but it's still not my cup of tea. so what did i do?! yes- i did the following: half lemonade + half beer. perfecto.



it wasn't until a recent pinterest find Brandy and Shan at prettyplainJanes, that i thought to make it at home. i have yet to have the occassion for it, but had to share their version because it sounds pretty delicious. so check out the amazeballs recipe here. thanks to prettyplainJanes for being an awesome blog and bringing my fave boys of summer drink to the homefront!

http://prettyplainjanes.com/2013/07/19/southern-shandy/
image courtesy of www.prettyplainjanes.com


xoxo lauren

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your summer! I have a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete